It is hard to believe that in just 100 days we’ll be headed out to Camp Rainey Mountain for a week or fun and adventure.
With that in mind, here are some things to think about:
- Have your paid all of your camp fees?
- Have you submitted your merit badge class selections (along with some alternates in case classes are already full)?
- Have you scheduled your annual physical with your doctor? (your BSA physical, Parts A, B & C must be current and turned in about 1 month prior to leaving for camp – date to be announced). Here is a link to a previous website posting about this and medications that are being taken to camp.
- Have you started making sure that you have everything that you might need for camp? Here is a link to a list that we posted a while back that you can refer to.
- Scouts will pack all of their items (except their sleeping bag and a daypack) in a footlocker with a keyed or combination lock. Leaders are to be provided with a spare key or combination for emergencies.
- We always depart for, and return from summer camp from the Bi-Lo parking lot at the corner of Hwy 160 W. and Munn Road.
- We have had some issues with cell phone usage at summer camp in recent years. We understand that these devices have become like the swiss army knife of our lives as our GPS device, camera, online reference, calendar and so much more. Leaders are still trying to determine the best way to handle scouts having cell phones at camp this coming year. Look for more information about this later.